Like other digital platforms, electronic mail is also prone to certain problems and that too are inevitable. However, by applying the simple steps you can get rid of the problems. The most common problem being faced by the users of TWC email these days is related to outdated email server settings.
If you are getting this problem with your email account, then follow the steps mentioned here as under:
After updating the mail and calendar app on Windows OS, the user may come across this problem but there is no need to create panic as by implementing the guidelines and instructions mentioned on the post, you can easily eliminate this problem and access the email seamlessly.
Whenever you try accessing the Time Warner Cable Email from the outlook account, the message ‘Outdated server settings’ may flash on the screen. You can either dismiss it for a while or click on ‘Fix this issue’ option from the screen. Being a normal user, one must click on ‘Dismiss for a while’ which is not a permanent solution.
If you have tried to solve it on your own by clicking on ‘Fix this problem’ option and find no success, then it is better to get assistance from the experts else continue with the troubleshooting steps which are well tested and verified by the email experts. These steps are specifically meant for windows 10 OS.
To begin with, check the location where mail data is stored in the computer. You will find the data under the ‘Mail app’ folder inside the computer drive. If you are unable to locate it, then go to command windows and Run ‘Localappdata’ command. Click to open this folder and delete the complete folder from the computer. After deleting this folder, try opening the mail through the app now. Yes, before performing this operation, don’t forget to take a backup of all data because there are high chances of data being deleted. If the folder is deleted from the computer, then the email synced on other devices can’t retrieve the data.
How to get rid of this problem?
- Over to the ‘Start’ menu and click to open ‘PowerShell’ from the command window. You need to run this under the ‘Admin’ option.
- Go to the app which has been recently updated. Uninstall the email and calendar app.
- Go to the ‘Get app package’ from the run window followed by entering the property name.
- Enter ‘eq-microsoft.windowscommunicatiosapp’. Remove this from the system.
- Once you are done with the removal part, click to ‘Restart’ the PC.
- Now, delete the folder from the computer about which we have discussed in the previous passage.
- Open ‘Command window’ and enter ‘Home/app/local.
- Now, over to the app store from the windows PC and search for the TWC email app. If you don’t find the app by the name of TWC, then simply download the email app and configure it using the server settings defined on the website. If you want, you can download it directly from online sources.