Nowadays, people use to access everything on their smartphone, be it email, banking app, or an e-commerce app. This is due to easy accessibility and user-interface. Spectrum email is among the top-email services offered to the people of the United States. This mail can be access from iOS and Android OS. If you are using an Apple device and recently updated it to the latest version 13, then there are chances of getting an error message on the screen.
If you are among those facing any error message on your Spectrum email screen, then go through the steps mentioned here as under. If you need further assistance, you can contact experts.
- Blank screen on email app:
If the screen goes blank after launching the app, then it means the email address entered is incorrect. You need to check the email address and enter it again.
Steps to eradicate this problem are:
- Remove the account from the app and clear all data from settings.
- Remove all emails having a size of more than 20 MB.
- Check if there are any promotional emails or advertisements, then remove them.
- Remove items from the outbox folder.
- Restart your phone by pressing the power button and volume button simultaneously.
- Restore the phone to factory default.
- No new email received in the inbox and error related to the password:
If you find a message like ‘Wrong password’ or the password entered is incorrect, then go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Unlock the home screen of your phone by entering the PIN code. If your phone supportsa finger sensor, then simply touch the phone to unlock it.
- Open the Email app and click on ‘Spectrum’. You will find the email name from the ‘Other’ email service provider.
- From the top-right corner of the page, you will find the ‘Logout’ option.
- Login again with the existing username and password. If the problem encounters, then try to login from the Spectrum webmail. You will be able to login to the email account. Don’t forget to enter the same username and password to login. Entering incorrect details may put you in further trouble.
- Email settings incorrect:
The email settings like incoming and outgoing server address along with port number may vary or changes with the version of the app. If the new version of the OS doesn’t support the existing settings, then configure the email again from scratch after confirming the settings from experts.
Note: If you are receiving unnecessary promotional emails and advertisements on your Spectrum email, then you can block the email address on your account by getting into ‘Settings’ or by tapping ‘Block email addresses’. After this, you will not get any new messages from the same email address. Another method of blocking the email address is by ‘Flagging it’. Go to the ‘Trash’ folder and check if a new message is available or not. If available, then select the message and move it to the inbox folder.
In case you have any doubt regarding Brighthouse Webmail or Spectrum Webmail, contact us.